Rise In Youth Violence
Homicides in the U.S. are way up and the trend is playing out in Central Ohio, with Columbus already on track to exceed last year’s record-breaking 176 deaths.
Dig into the crime statistics and another troubling trend emerges, the number of young people involved in the spike in violence, both as perpetrators and victims.
Today on All Sides with Ann Fisher, the root causes of youth violence and the push for an all-hands-on-deck community response.
- Bethany Bruner, police reporter, The Columbus Dispatch
- Commander Smith Weir, Columbus Division of Police
- David Kennedy, director of the National Network for Safe Communities at John Jay College' National Network for Safe Communities
- Nneka Jones Tapia, managing director, Justice Initiatives at Chicago Beyond
- Jonathan McMillan, Youth Violence Prevention Coordinator for the City and County of Denver
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.